Eventually I'll have to find some acceptable background paint job for this thing. For now the brownish map motif will do the job. Sort of goes with my avatar. At least that is what I'm telling myself.
Back in my original blogging days, I was a news and politics junkie. I thrived off of the stuff. I was consuming so much news, going from site to site, getting the latest on what was going on behind and in front of the curtain. Trying to figure who was working the smoke machine that kept the residents of Oz bamboozled. Then, I woke up. I realized how much of an effect the consumption of all that junk was having on me. I was becoming increasingly negative and cynical. And paranoid.
So, I quit.
I quit reading, listening and watching any news at all. This lasted for a couple of years - total news and politics fast. I felt good. And I don't regret it. Now, I briefly scan a few headlines from time to time. Listen to a couple of Christian podcasts that briefly deal current events, watch the nuts on Twitter, and that's about it. I stay out of the loop now. And I don't care!
Now, don't misunderstand. I don't live in a box, a commune or in an Amish village now. I briefly scan, and that's it. That's all I need. No need to dwell on the garbage that I cannot control. I have better things to do with my time. Like, being Darth Baptist, Sith Pastor. And reading.
Six years later, I'd rather read about what truly interests me instead of trying to keep up with the POWERS THAT BE and worry about what is going wrong.
Want to keep your sanity? Quit being cynical? Paranoid? Quit watching and listening to news and talk radio, and go explore the galaxies of books.
Thanks for reading.
Darth Baptist
No comments:
Post a Comment